That’s me in the middle – little ‘Miss Windsor’ – complete with top hat and beads.
Those were the days of putting on stage shows and parades, charging our parents 10 cents to watch us perform!
Since then I have had a great career in social work and writing. Now I am taking the time to focus on Healthy Active Seniors.
I have a passion for products and services that help each of us stay healthy, strong and most important of all…independent.
As baby boomers and seniors many of us share a fear of losing our independence.
- We do not want to be dependent on our children for our care when we get older.
- We do not want to have to move to some form of retirement home.
- And some of us do not want to experience the same fate as our parents.
My interest in becoming a healthy active senior is due to a variety of factors:
- I watched my own mother’s physical and mental decline – a decline that was preventable.
- I am a baby boomer on a path to be among the thousands of boomers who turn 65 each and every day.
- I am a writer and researcher. I read the stats. I get it.
Healthy Active Seniors are “On the Road to Independence.”
The Healthy Active Seniors approach is based on a three key factors:
- Staying active.
- Maintaining mental health, wellness and mindfulness.
- Recognizing that in addition to our health, our home is key to our long term independence.
Healthy Active Seniors embrace staying active and aging in place.
Who am I?
I am a daughter, sister, mother, aunt, wife and grandmother.
I am a Baby Boomer.
I am also a researcher and writer. I see health on a continuum that includes a wide range of ingredients to achieve the results for healthy active aging.
I work with baby boomers and seniors who don’t want to get old!
I share the secrets to long-term health and independence.
This is About Me. I look forward to the journey and learning About You!