Exercise is the single best thing we can do for our health. As we age, we need to do more – not less – to ensure we continually develop our flexibility, strength, endurance and balance.
Many of the conditions that we associate with getting older are not due to increasing age but rather to decreasing activity.
Study after study proves there are many benefits of exercise for seniors and boomers. Exercise…
- Improves your health if you already suffer from some diseases and disabilities.
- Helps you manage symptoms of illness and pain.
- Improves sleep.
- Decreases blood pressure.
- Increases bone density.
- Improves mobility, flexibility, strength, balance…which will help prevent falling.
- Helps slow the progression of brain disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Healthy Active Seniors recognize exercise is one of the keys to staying healthy, strong, energetic, and independent.